Ribbon Cutting Policies
The Woodbury Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to conduct ribbon cuttings at no cost to our members provided they meet specified guidelines:
- Member who has opened a new business within the last 12 months
- Member who has an existing business in a new location
- Member who is celebrating a ground breaking
- Member who is celebrating a relocation or major expansion/renovation
- Member who is under new ownership
- Member celebrating a major anniversary 10, 20, 25 years etc.
Ribbon cuttings are subject to availability. We typically hold ribbon cuttings on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11am, 11:30am, 3:00pm, or 4:00pm provided they do not conflict with any other Chamber activity or event.
Please give the chamber a three to four week notice as this will give ample time for promotion and publicity and allow for optimum Chamber participation.
Contact the Chamber’s ribbon cutting coordinator via email with date and time request. Ribbon cutting coordinator will then follow up with a ribbon cutting form to be completed by the member and emailed back to the Chamber Office.
- Coordinate attendance of Chamber Board Members, Ambassadors, Chamber President, Mayor or City Council Representative.
- Coordinate a photographer to photograph the event.
- Provide free banner with your logo for ribbon cutting photo compliments of Image360.*
- Provide free cake with your logo for event compliments of Sam’s Club.
*Please Note: Hosting member is responsible for ordering complimentary banner, cake and coffee from vendors. A company logo must be sent to Image360 a minimum of 14 days prior to the event in order to receive a banner and arrangements must be made for picking up the banner. An appointment must be made with Sam’s Club 14 days prior to the event to meet at the store to place your cake order and make arrangements for pick up.
Chamber Promotion of Ribbon Cutting
- The Chamber will send email notifications to our entire membership base.
- The ribbon cutting date will be listed on the Chamber website calendar page and in the Chamber’s electronic magazine.
Day of Event Agenda
- Chamber Ambassadors will arrive with the ceremonial ribbon and scissors.
- Chamber President will give opening remarks and make introductions.
- Mayor or City Council Representative will make remarks
- Hosting member representative will be introduced and make remarks.
- Attendees will pose for a photograph and the ribbon will be cut.
- Hosting member will serve cake and other refreshments as desired. (Please Note: Hosting member is responsible for providing plates, napkins, utensils and any other supplies.)
The More the Merrier…
While the Chamber invites Chamber Ambassadors, Board members and City officials, we encourage hosting member to invite clients, vendors, neighboring businesses, family and friends to ribbon cuttings. This is not only to have a large gathering for photo opportunities; it enables the business to showcase its assets to more people in the community.
Celebrate and Decorate…
Celebrate this great event by having festive décor—balloons and company signage not only draw attention to your business, it brings a celebratory spirit to the ceremony and makes it easier for attendees to locate your business on the day of event.
Give guests a brief tour of your company and explain its function. You never know what this can do for making business contacts in the future!
Schedule a Ribbon Cutting
To schedule a ribbon cutting or ground breaking, please email the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-578-0722.